Have a good meal at least 3 hours before donating blood.
Accept the snacks offered to you after the donation, it is vital that you have them. You are recommended to have a good meal later.
Avoid smoking on the day before donating. You can smoke 3 hours after donation.
You will not be eligible to donate blood if you have consumed alcohol 48 hours before donation.
Misconceptions about donating blood
"I will feel drained and tired after donating" - You will not feel drained or tired if you continue to drink fluids and have a good meal.
"I cannot resume normal activities" - You can resume all your normal activities, though you're asked to refrain.
"I will have low blood" - If you are okayed to donate by the doctor you will still have surplus blood after the donation.
"I can't take alcohol..." - You can on the next day.
"It will be painful while donating" - No, you will not feel any pain.
"I will feel dizzy and may faint" - You will not faint or feel uncomfortable after donating blood.
"I may get AIDS!" - No! Make sure disposable syringes are used and all measures are taken to keep you germ free.
"My blood is common. I don't think there will be demand for it" - That is why the demand for your type is greater than for rare types.
Bangalore Information Archive
- Arthurs Fantasic Party at Landmark Bangalore
- Bangalore Airport and City Taxi Services
- Bangalore Blood Donation Centers
- Bangalore Bookshops
- Bangalore Car Hire Leasing and Rentals
- Bangalore Events - Times Computer Carnival 2009
- Bangalore Green Police to be active from Rajyotsava Day
- Bangalore IT Employees Forum
- Bangalore Maps - much better than Googlemaps
- Bangalore Post Offices
- Bangalore Shopping Malls Movie Theatres Super Markets
- Bangalore Sight seeing - Tour operators
- Blood bank Centers in Bangalore
- BMTC BIG10 Route and Timing - Bangalore
- BMTC Vayu Vajra - Airport Service- Route Timings
- BMTC Volvo and BIG 10 buses to Electronic City
- BSNL BroadBand Customer Grievances Contact
- BSNL EVDO - wireless broadband service from BSNL
- Chinese restaurants in Bengaluru
- Complaint Board for Excess Fare by Autorickshaws
- Computerised Diagnostic Centres- Hospitals Bangalore
- Cupcake and cookery class -Claytopia Bangalore
- DHL-BlueDart Service at Reliance World
- Digital SLR versus Compact Camera
- Easy Auto In Bangalore - Call Auto Service
- Events in Bangalore 2009 Updates
- Fees for PAN application changed to Rs.94
- First Internet Enabled Circulating Library in Bangalore
- Forum Nokia Developer Conference -Taj Bangalore
- Guidelines for Foreigners visiting Bangalore
- Honda Car showrooms in Bangalore
- How to Make Cash on the Internet- Working from Home
- International Posters in India - Landmark Bangalore
- Jayanagar Bookstore
- Job Search Engines - Bangalore Jobs
- Lost and found Vehicles - Bangalore Police
- Martini Masters of Music -Beatles at Landmark
- Mind to Mind Marketing at the British Library Bangalore
- Mumbai Dabbawallahs in Bangalore
- NGO Prerana - Backed by Infosys Bangalore
- No more fraud Auto Fares - Latlong Bangalore
- Online Doctors -Ask your queries online
- Online PAN Card Application Form
- Order books online and get delivered - Just Books
- Packers and Movers in Bangalore
- Pay your Utility Bills at Bangalore One
- Photography Workshop by Canon Edge -Bangalore
- Prreeya - Exhibition Cum Sale in Jayanagar Bangalore
- School code for checking CBSE results
- Service tax exemption on property sales in Bangalore
- Stir Fried Specials at the Szechwan Court
- Test Drive i10 versus Ritz -Comparison results
- Trade Fair and Exhibition -Palace Grounds Bangalore
- TRAI fixes Rs 19 as portability fee to change mobile
- Waiting for Godot Play- Christ College Bangalore
- Weekend trip to Hyderabad Ramoji Film City
- Yum to open Taco Bell in Bangalore